Sunday, May 25, 2008

Finding Lost City

Hey all, Hudson here. I took my first trip to "Lost City" in the Shawangunks today. I don't know why it's called Lost City... apparently everyone knows where it is. There was an impressive crew of boulderers up there today, including that guy behind me in the pic -- that's Carmine (or "lito" as my dad calls him). He's a cool dude. Here he's warming up and dipping his hands in his chalk bag. And that brings me to a good point: If I have a hand free, why would I put it in a bag of chalk when I can stick it in my mouth and chew? Hand in the mouth = pleasure time. But to each his own. Live and let spit, I say. 
Lost city was fun, though. The hike was grueling...for my mom, my dad, and my aunt...Hahahaha! What are you kidding me? I got carried in like a king. I got to focus on gooing and gahing at the babbling brooks, rocks, trees and sky. I was fed lunch in the cool shade of a giant boulder, while I watched everyone around me climb. And I slept in the quiet of a mountain breeze (well, when the crew wasn't screaming bloody flapper like a bunch of luhoooozers on moderate boulder problems). I was hovering in the arms of my mommy, my aunt Nicole, and my auntie Summer for most of the day, taking it all in. In fact, my feet never even touched the ground. That's some serious control technique my friends. How many people do you know get that kind of royal treatment? None I bet. Like I said before... king.
What else? I talked a lot today. I'm really starting to find my voice and I'm not afraid to use it. You know, it's been a cool couple of weeks. I'm really learning a ton. I get curious about stuff and then I just go for it. Sort of like Marky Mark was doing today, searching for watermelon colored tape in Lost City ... but not really. He's probably still there looking. I, on the other hand, have been finding the things I look for. And it feels pretty darn good.

Hudson

1 comment:

AB said...

Slow down Hudson...Lost city already I just went for my first stroller today, but I have been getting use to napping outside..when there is a cool breezy and the sun is covered by clouds. I also went on I family field trip downtown so mom could do some shopping, it was fun, but since they were not buying for me I justed napped.

hope to see you next weekend..

Lillian